Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Twilight Love, Amy McCarter

Twilight Love
by Amy McCarter


There you are, in the space that is no longer
The place that was yours and now gone
In the light that mingles with dark
Your story drifting on the silent current of sorrow
Dancing in the magical twilight sun
I feel you though my eyes can not see
You are the dream that once was and should have been
You are my love for all time
My Hope
Inspiration
You are Liam

:::

about the poem.
I wrote this poem after finally taking down Liam's nursery in July 2008 and converting back into a spare bedroom. While the room was no longer a nursery, I saw ghost shadows like whispers of what it used to be... sometimes I still do.

about the artist.
Amy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two greyhounds. Amy describes her journey, "Our only child Liam was born alive and apparently healthy on September 25, 2007, and was the joy of our lives. Our son Liam died soon after birth due to unexplained/unknown causes, shattering our world and our hearts. Art is an expression and release of my grief, and a way to honor the memory of our little man who is missed beyond words." Amy maintains a blog showcasing her Creative Everyday Challenge at Surviving the Day Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?