Monday, June 7, 2010

September Son, Amy McCarter

September Son
by Amy McCarter


September sun bathing our world in beauty
September son filling my life with love
September sun of gentle rays, and golden hue
September son an inspiration to embrace life
You are the September sun
You grace all who feel your glistening rays
You shine through our hearts
Adding love through your soft golden light
Our September son

:::

about this piece.
Amy describes her poem and the photograph, "I wrote this poem in early September 2008, just a few weeks before Liam's first birthday/ anniversary. Autumn, with all it's yellows and golds, has come to represent Liam for me. This poem was inspired by the connection I feel to Liam as Autumn approaches and how Liam is everywhere when I open my heart and look at natures beauty. I have this poem in Liam's scrap book and this is the photo that is on the page with it."

about the contributor.
Amy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two greyhounds. Amy describes her journey, "Our only child Liam was born alive and apparently healthy on September 25, 2007, and was the joy of our lives. Our son Liam died soon after birth due to unexplained/unknown causes, shattering our world and our hearts. Art is an expression and release of my grief, and a way to honor the memory of our little man who is missed beyond words." Amy maintains a blog showcasing her Creative Everyday Challenge at Surviving the Day Every Day.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, lovely poem. I am always struck by how the seasons seem to punctuate our grief. I lost Hope 12 months after you lost Liam, yet for me (on the other side of the world) it was the end of winter, almost spring. I will always associate that change of season, and the start of spring, with her brief life and death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful poem
    wonderful tribute to your September son.
    I love it

    thank you for sharing it with us, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too lost a son and daughter in September (2007 and 2008), and then was blessed beyond belief with a son who's birthday is September 4, 2009. Your poem and photo touch me deeply.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?