Monday, September 6, 2010

My World is Devastation, Michelle Swords.

















My World is Devastation.
Michelle Swords.
October 12, 2009

Expressive Artwork.


:::

Michelle describes a bit of this piece. Please enjoy this slideshow explaining the meaning behind her work.




:::

about this piece.
Michelle describes her work, "There are moments on this journey of grief that I am completely devastated all over again.  This is the third and final (at least for now) piece of the my world collection.  (The first piece is showcased here. The second piece is showcased here.

"I am swimming in a sea of devastation. My universe of hope has been turned upside down. There is only one island...the island of hope, but due to the cloud of Xavier Ian (thoughts of my baby) I cannot find the island of hope. All my supports have been moved into the universe of hope, out of my reach for now or flooded by the sea of devastation. I am small, nearly invisible.

''Words around planet of Andy, 'my world is sometimes flooded with devastation due to losing Xavier Ian. I cannot see the hope in the universe due to it blending into the devastation I am feeling. My world may look like this for a moment, a day, or a week before I see God's glory and allow people into my world and begin healing once again. When my world is flooded with devastation, I can barely stay afloat in the mucky waters. The island of hope is virtually unreachable. I am devastated. I am completely isolated and alone. God is waiting patiently.'

"Words around planet Michael, 'thoughts of Xavier Ian cloud my island of hope in my sea of devastation. God is waiting patiently.'

"Words around planet of Andi, 'everything reminds me of my lost son. I cry and cry. Nothing helps. God is waiting patiently. I am drowning.

"My bright spot is God; my only hope"

about the contributor.
Michelle writes about her journey on her blog My World.

3 comments:

What do you think?