Thursday, April 29, 2010

Photo Shoot, Jenni


















Photo Shoot.
Jenni.
Photography.

:::

about the piece.
Jenni talks about her photograph, "In the early throes of grief, I felt compelled to interact with the tangible evidence of her existence. I have very few photos of her, and will never take her to JC Penney's dressed in something cute to pose for the camera. So I spent an afternoon arranging her ashes and her remembrances on my bedspread. Having these photographs helps alleviate my irrational terror that our house will burn down, and we will lose everything of her. At least we'll have pictures."

about the contributor.

Jenni's daughter, Angel Mae, was delivered prematurely at 20 weeks on February 28, 2009. She writes about her grief journey, and about adventures in step-mothering, at Demeter's Feet

3 comments:

What do you think?