Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Healing View, Nollaig


I took this picture on the 6th Oct 2011. My daughter Isabelle was born still on 13th July 2010 after 40 weeks of a dream pregnancy. My whole world fell apart.


The view in the picture is a view I spent many hours looking at after Isabelle died, I remember feeling very broken but alive. At the time I read a line in John O'Donohue's Anam Cara where he said: "In landscape, nothing is ever lost or forgotten." and to me this meant that all the emotions that poured out of me found a place in the landscape around me. Isabelle is in that landscape. I refer to that view as my "healing view". Nature's patience and presence helped to soothe my soul. The Irish weather means I can't always fully appreciate the view but I know it is there.


I am sitting on the ground in the picture but barely visible, a bit like how I feel as far as the rest of the world is concerned.


I am surrounded by Isabelle's presence and absence.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love "In landscape, nothing is ever lost or forgotten." So comforting to know there is something out there supporting our souls in this sadness. The view is beautiful, especially with you in it. You are 1 year ahead of me in the grief of our daughters and I SEE you. Sending you love and light.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?