Monday, August 22, 2011

Florence's Garden, Jeanette.



Florence's Garden.
Jeanette.
Photograph.


:::

about this piece.
I have a small space in my garden that we think of as Florence's garden. The stone was a gift from a dear friend, carved for us, the dove is taken from the applique I designed for Florence's burial gown.(previously submitted) I'm not much of a gardener, but I try to keep this small space pretty with plants and found objects.

The 7th of August was two years since Florence's burial, and I felt I needed to mark the occasion somehow. Last year we released Chinese lanterns, but this year that didn't seem quite right. Instead we waited till dusk, and I lit these candles in her garden. We watched the glow of the candlelight while eating apple cake and drinking tea. Simple, but it felt right. -Jeanette

about the contributor.

I'm a Mummy to six children,married to Woody. Sadly our fifth child, our youngest daughter Florence died suddenly and unexpectedly after a robustly healthy pregnancy and perfect homebirth, in July 2009. I blog about life with a large family, about babyloss,and about sewing, it's a curious mix, but then nothing is ever straight forward after you have buried one of your children. -Jeanette

Jeanette's blog is Lazy Seamstress.

5 comments:

What do you think?