Thursday, February 10, 2011

Candle, My New Normal.


















Candle.
My New Normal.
Photography.

:::




about the piece.
This is the candle we bought to honor the birth and death of our first and only son. To honor his very short, yet meaningful life. It was burning as we said good bye and scattered his ashes. This photo was taken just after we scattered his ashes over the lake that you can see in the background. The fuzzy lights in the background are on the dock where we sat to say our final good byes. Such a beautiful place to remember him.-My New Normal
 
about the artist.
I'm originally from California, and I now live in London with my husband of over 12 years. We have had a great life with lots of adventures, love, and fun. On August 13, 2010 our lives were shattered when we lost our son at 36 weeks pregnant. After struggling with infertility for many years, we thought we were finally going to have our miracle baby. Sadly, this is not what happened and I struggle every day to make sense of it all.
 
I started my blog Finding My New Normal  to help work through my feelings after losing my son. It's been an amazing place for me to vent, and cry, and share my feelings and experiences. Through it I've met some amazing women and men who have also experienced loss. - My New Normal

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful place, the lake and the dock look serene and welcoming with those warm lights. I am sorry for your loss, welcome, and thanks for sharing your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful picture... speaks a thousand words. I am so sorry for your loss. Your blog is lovely, thank you for sharing your heart, you write beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?