Monday, January 31, 2011

Broken Heart, Krista






















Broken Heart.
Krista.
Colored Pencil and Poetry.


:::


about the work.
I did the drawing and wrote the poem the same day but had no idea they went together until I put them in the computer. -Krista

about the artist.
I'm 27 years old and I've had three healthy, full term pregnancies followed by three miscarriages. First at 12wks (blighted ovum), second at 16wks4ds (Benjamin), and the most recent at 21wks (Kadence). I also had a chemical pregnancy the first cycle after my first loss and the first cycle after my last loss, both were devastating. Since my last loss I have been using art as a way of getting my grief out and have really appreciated this site and seeing other women's work.--Krista

2 comments:

  1. Those words are all too true. And how awful it is to have to welcome others to our club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully written Krista. I wish I wasn't a member of this club, but am happy that those of us who have felt this pain are so welcome to comfort others.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?