Friday, August 27, 2010

Wreckage, Rachel Simon

Wreckage
by Rachel Simon


I’m sifting through the wreckage that is my life
I can’t seem to find what I am looking for
Salvation?
Comfort?
A pain-free existence?
Everything is in jagged pieces
A veritable mess
Almost unrecognizable
There’s nothing to turn to
Nothing to lessen my pain
Nothing to take it away
Your time has come before it has come
Because of this, I am furious
I am holding my breath
Why was I denied my happy ending?

:::

about the poet.
Rachel Simon lost her daughter Shiloh to an umbilical cord accident in October 2008. She created a website in memory of Shiloh: In Memory of our Daughter, and maintains a blog called Our Healing Journey

2 comments:

  1. I ask that same ending question. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?