Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ultrasound, Elizabeth Davis.
















Ultrasound.
Elizabeth Davis.
Acrylic.

:::

about the piece.
Beth talks about her piece, "I did the ultrasound painting the night before my first ultrasound with my 3rd child.  I was a nervous wreck, so I painted what I wanted to see.  In the corner, I wrote 118, which is what I wanted the heart rate to be: over 100.  My first ultrasound with my second child, who I later miscarried, was only 84, which is way too low.  I grieve so deeply the idea that she never even had a chance.  It's such conflicting emotions:   I couldn't have this 3rd baby if I was still carrying the second.  I want them all.  The next day, the heart rate was 108.  I was close!"
about the contributor.
By night, Elizabeth Davis is a pediatric registered nurse. By day, she is relearning how to breathe after the death of her daughter Kathlyn. Elizabeth maintains the blogs Waiting for Joy and Letters to my Daughter
 

3 comments:

What do you think?