Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Yin and the Yang of Life, Rachel Simon

The Yin and the Yang of Life
by Rachel Simon


Just like the Yin and the Yang
My emotions are complimentary opposites
My world was so airy
So light when I was pregnant with you
Without you, my world is heavy
Occluded in such darkness
Breathing came so easily to me
Expansion, contraction
Expansion, contraction
But now, breathing is so difficult
Pull, push
Pull, push
I was so rich
So fulfilled to have you in my life
Now I’m so poor
So empty because you are gone
I was moving forward
So dynamic
Now I feel stagnant
Unable to change
But for others, life continues on
Relentless
Because I love you wholeheartedly
Unconditionally
I feel despair
Depression for having lost you
There was so much pleasure
Now only pain
And just like the yin and the yang
Everything that lives
Must die
However early
But in every end
I believe
I pray
There must be a new beginning…

:::

about the poet.
Rachel Simon lost her daughter Shiloh to an umbilical cord accident in October 2008. She created a website in memory of Shiloh: In Memory of our Daughter, and maintains a blog called Our Healing Journey

4 comments:

  1. Well written. Hoping for a beautiful new beginning for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opposites in life that somehow become unable to be separated are vast in this babylost journey. Thank you for sharing your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's and/both not either/or. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. perfect. exactly

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?