Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mid-month Challenge: June

This month's community poem was based on the concept of defining grief in simple terms, much like a children's book. So, that is what we are going to do, pull together a children's book called the Grief Book. We already have it written, after all. This month, use the line you submitted for the community poem which starts with "Grief is..." and draw the picture it corresponds with. Use crayons, or watercolors, or markers, or whatever you like. Stick figures? YES!

If you did not participate in the community poem, that is cool. You can write the line and submit the picture all at the same time. If you don't participate in the mid-month challenge, you can pass your line along by adding it to the comment section below. Some people submitted lines that weren't exactly images. If you want to give up the line, and write another, that is fine too. If you want to claim an unused line, just comment after it and speak your intentions. Please submit your drawing to me via email at stilllife365days(at)gmail(dot)com. Please use June Challenge in the subject line. Submission deadlines will be June 14th. The book will be published on June 15th as a slideshow.

I really cannot wait for this mid-month challenge. I think it will be awesome.Have fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. I've got it written down so I don't forget about it like some of the others...looking forward to everyone's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun. I think I will try it. June 14th is my daughter's 3rd birthday, her 2nd one in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My line was "Grief is an island with no shore." Any takers?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?