Thursday, May 13, 2010

Community Poem: June

As you may have realized, we received no mid-month challenge submissions. I am hoping this is more accessible and inspiring. Hey, some of my ideas work and others don't. If you have ideas for the community poem/mid-month challenge, you are welcome to submit them to stilllife365days(at)gmail(dot)com.

I have bought a few grief books in my time, but the ones that hit me as most important and poignant were the ones that I bought for my daughter. In simple clear terms, the children's books explain that we don't know why, just that someone we loved died, and we are sad.  And we will be sad for a long time.

My daughter has a non-grief related children's book that is called the Peace Book. The book describes peace through simple drawings and simple sentences.
"Peace is watching the snow fall."
"Peace is being different."
"Peace is making new friends."
"Peace is reading a book."

It got me thinking that an amazing book for bereaved parents might be The Grief Book. This month's Community Poem is to write the "Grief is" poem. Please submit one line via email that begins "Grief is ". You can submit it to me via email stilllife365days(at)gmail(dot)com. Please use June Community Poem in the subject line. Submission deadlines will be May 30th. The poem, as always, will be published on the first of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?