Thursday, June 16, 2011

Possible Factor V, Adrienne Yancey


Possible Factor V
Adrienne Yancey
Acrylic mixed media

:::

about the piece.
I created this piece after finding out that my blood clotted in the placenta due to a possible genetic blood disorder resulting in my son Leo being stillborn. I wanted it to represent the inability of my placenta to sustain Leo's soul and his graceful exit from my body. I saw it in my mind while driving home from the doctor and thankfully I was able to bring it into reality. -Adrienne

about the artist.
I am a 28 year old restaurant manager and beer buyer. Leo was my second son and he was going to be my last. I had severe complications with my first son and feared the worst my entire pregnancy. The day they told me he was gone crushed a part of my soul. I have been using art as an outlet for my emotions. This piece expressed what I wanted perfectly. I have a blog at Loss of Leo. I appreciate the opportunity to share this with other baby loss parents. -Adrienne

5 comments:

  1. A very beautiful and powerful piece. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate being able to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?