Friday, December 10, 2010

Spring, Sally

Spring.
Sally.
Photograph.

:::

about this piece.
I saw ladybugs everywhere I went for weeks after she died. It was early spring and it seemed every time I turned a corner, there was another one. Then suddenly, they went away. This was taken a few weeks ago at the start of spring here in the southern hemisphere. It had been two years since I'd last laid eyes on one. I don't think they are a sign or Hope visiting me or anything like that, but when I do see one, I appreciate their beauty and I of course think of her. I hope I don't have to wait that long again. -Sally

about the contributor.
Sally is a mother to her lost daughter Hope, stillborn at 40 weeks and 5 days in August 2008 and her son Angus, born alive and screaming. Sally maintains the blog Tuesday's Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you many ladybug sightings and Happy Birthday to Angus. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a lady bug today Sal and I thought of Hope. Always. xx

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?