Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Found Heart II, Megan

















Found Heart II.
Megan.
Photography.


:::


about this piece.
I look for hearts wherever I go, these hearts have been found around my home or on walks in our town. To some they may be a scrap of fabric, a piece of wood, a leaf or a shadow - to me they are hearts - a symbol of love. -Megan


about the artist.
Megan describes herself, "I am the wife to Ken and mother of five: 17 year old Troy and four who are only with us in Spirit - Brendan (Still born 19/4/1999 - 20 weeks gestation); Cianan (stayed with us for us for 7 hours - 6/8/2000 - 22 weeks); Kavyn (Still born 31/1/2002 - 23 weeks); and Alex (Still born 17/2/2005 - 21 weeks and 5 days). Writing and art have helped me to traverse the journey that is grief.

Megan blogs at Four Ravens. Her former blog, the Rose Garden, has more of her poetry and writing.

4 comments:

  1. So much loss, I'm so sorry. Brendan, Cianan, Kavyn and Alex will always be remembered.
    How beautiful that you always see hearts. I hope they bring you some peace.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping many more hearts pop up in unexpected places to bring you lots of love from your sweet children. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun and special to find these little hearts around. I hope hearts continue to pop into your life and fill you with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments - I too hope the hearts keep appearing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?