Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Typical Week on the Grief Journey, Michelle Swords

A Typical Week on the Grief Journey 
February 25, 2010.
by Michelle Swords

so, i had a really great weekend; things were starting to look up.
then...
monday; nothing particularly bad happened monday
but then...
tuesday; i was just f.i.n.e. (frantic, inconsolable, neurotic, empty) on tuesday
and...
wednesday; i cried in the morning and i cried before going in to work and i cried myself to sleep wednesday
today...
thursday; does not look good from here at six a.m.
tomorrow...
friday; it's too far away to think about friday
the weekend...
saturday; grieving
sunday; crawling into monday to start all over again (if i make it and i'm sure i will; this side of heaven is just that cruel)


about the poem.
"This is just a typical week on the grief journey. My emotions are on a rollercoaster ALL THE TIME! I never know how I will be feeling because even though I may be happy or content in the morning I could see something that triggers a memory and be reduced to tears before lunch. this grief journey is very tiring." -Michelle


about the contributor.
Michelle writes about her journey on her blog My World. She writes the names of babies gone too soon at Hangin' With Xavier on the Fridge

1 comment:

  1. I really like this, it's so raw and cutting... it has it's own sort of ebb and flow, just like grief.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?