Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shealyn, Billy.

Shealyn
by Billy

Sometimes I lay in my room in the dark and stare,
Hoping that
you'd be there
Sometimes I'm out somewhere;
And I hear a little girl call
"Daddy" I look up quickly hoping you'd be there.

Where o where has my little girl gone?
Where o where can she be?

I'd hear: "I'm up here daddy,
higher then the birds, higher then the trees.
Watching over Mommy and you too Daddy.
Can't you see?"

Where o where has my little girl gone?
Where o where can she be?

ALARM RINGS: I look around and my arms are still empty

:::

about the poet.
Billy talks about his journey, "I started blogging a year after my daughter Shealyn passed away. My wife Betty convinced me. I wrote this piece shortly after Shealyn's first birthday and this was my first blog post. Shealyn was born at 22-23 weeks. She passed shortly after. I hope to blog about my experience through the whole thing." Billy blogs at Drowning at the Shallow End.

2 comments:

  1. Shaelyn. What a beautiful name your little girl has. I am so sorry she is not in your arms. Thankyou for sharing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this Angie.
    Sophie- Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?