Saturday, March 20, 2010

God's Garden, Amber Cook


















God's Garden.
Amber Cook
Painting.

:::

about the piece.
In Amber's words, "This is a square I painted for a quilt project.  A friend lost her child 8 or 9 years ago at 18 months by the child's grandfather accidently backing over her. She makes quilts for families who lost their children to similar accidents. This quilt was for Rachel's family.  Daisy is my daughter. I added the names of friends babies who have gone to heaven that I knew at the time. Many more could be added now."

about the artist.

Amber's second born daughter Daisy Arabella Cook was stillborn at 36 weeks and 3 days due to Trisomy 13 or 18. As Amber says,"I became drawn to all things daisy after her death." Daisy's birth date is Jan. 26th, 2009. Amber blogs at a Mother's Love.

1 comment:

What do you think?